Friday, March 8, 2013

Mr. Big Teeth

So, I didn't expect this to become such a hit. Thank you all very much!

Although I wasn't planning on filming for a bit it looks like we will be at Chopsticks attending the event mentioned below. One, might ask why our love of street art and its many components? My answer to this is when I was much younger and had an Afro, wore baggy clothes and knew nothing of ITAL, or the dread; I too expressed myself in this manner. So for me it's sort of like a throw back to my early adulthood. As usual big ups to the slappers and their folks.

This brings me to the subject of community and the place I endearingly call 'boy's club', which is better know as Chopsticks Urban Art Space. You could almost consider this my artistic introduction to Oakland and 'Funk Town' alike. The moment I walked into the doors I was inspired to pull my camera out and take as many pictures my I-device could hold. It's not a far stretch to say the times I've experienced at chopsticks are some of the best times I've had in the town thus far. Community wise, this place is no ordinary gallery it's a urban art space; somewhere between a art playground and a community center. With that said friends be sure to join us at the Oakland Zoo where pony rides aren't permitted, but you can feel free to bring lettuce to feed the gorillas...

No comments:

Post a Comment